Most of the time that ends with me stuttering around and giving some kind of a lame answer.
Not because there isn't a really good (non-lame) answer,
but because it is hard to know where to get started.
Sooo, I thought I would begin to share the story that God wrote for us.
It is a looonng story that spans many years.
But don't worry, no chapter book today!
I will give it to you a bit at a time!
If you want to catch up to speed you can find:
Part 1 {here}
Part 2 {here}
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
So, the surgeon went in to do some exploring and discovered that my appendix had ruptured...
about 3 days prior.
After 2 weeks in the hospital, 3 surgeries, and the loss of baby #4; I made it back home to recover in my yellow velour chair (man, I miss that chair!).
I spent a lot of time in that chair; sleeping, healing, and praying.
I was so thankful that God had spared my life...
that I had 2 healthy rambunctious boys...
a husband who was the best care taker ever...
but I also talked to God a lot about the trials going on in my life.
We had always wanted 4 kids and losing #3 and #4, in a few short months span, had brought me to a pretty low, low.
One day when I was praying, I felt the Holy Spirit completely overwhelm me. It is really hard to describe except I knew without a doubt that the LORD was speaking to me. It wasn't audible, but it was so loud, it might as well have been. HE told me that HE was going to bless me and multiply me and that HE would give me more children. I felt such an indescribable peace flow through me and such unbelievable encouragement. I immediately called my mom and my sister and told them what I felt God had told me.
I know that this may sound strange to some and I admit that this "hearing from God" has only happened to me a handful of times in my life, although I would love it if it happened more! It was such a startling and strong promise from God....one that I would question, and cling to, over the next 5 years.
{picture via Pinterest}
Stay tuned for {part 4} next week........
Linking up with Casey this week.





3 comments :
Just found this post through a link up. Our journey includes loss too and this just really moved me this morning! Followed in IG… can't wait to hear the rest of these story.
Thank you so much stasia! I would love to hear your story! I love how God really does all things for our good and His Glory...even when it doesn't feel like it at the time.
Wow!!! Oh my goodness -- your appendix ruptured!?!? Thank God for His promise to your heart... I am sure you clung to and even questioned that promise many times. But oh He is faithful!! What a story He has written through your family...
Post a Comment