Most of the time that ends with me stuttering around and giving some kind of a lame answer.
Not because there isn't a really good (non-lame) answer,
but because it is hard to know where to get started.
Sooo, I thought I would begin to share the story that God wrote for us.
It is a looonng story that spans many years.
But don't worry, no chapter book today!
I will give it to you a bit at a time!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Part of why this story is so hard to write down is because it begins with one of the hardest times in our lives.
A time when I looked at my life and all I saw was ashes.
I wasn't sure God could bring much good of it.
But HE did!
It is fun to look back 6 years out and say, "God only YOU!"
On May 7, 2008, my husband and I loaded up our then 4 year old first born and headed up to the Women's Clinic to find out the gender of our 3rd baby!
We were 20 weeks pregnant and had no expectations of that appointment other than finding out "pink" or "blue".
The gown was put on, cold jell over bulging belly, and then silence.
The technician left the room to get the Dr.
We knew something wasn't right.
News was given that there was no life.
We left the room in a fog.
Why had I brought my 4 year old?
We went home to pack to head back to the hospital to induce labor.
Such a different experience than our previous 2 as we headed back to the hospital to deliver the baby we knew we wouldn't take home.
May 8 we held our teeny tiny baby boy who was perfectly formed and lovingly named Anker (anchor) by our 4 year old, who at the time, was into all things pirate.
Those were dark days.
Lots of grieving.
Lots of questioning.
Lots of hope for another baby someday soon.
My mom's church had a sermon that next week specifically on the word anchor. She shared several verses with me, including this one...
"This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast and one which enters within the veil,"
Hebrews 6:19
We clung to the anchor of our soul (Jesus).
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
It is crazy to think of how Anker's little life was the beginning of God turning our hearts toward saying, "yes" to moving our family to Africa,
Stay tuned for part 2........
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
It is crazy to think of how Anker's little life was the beginning of God turning our hearts toward saying, "yes" to moving our family to Africa,
Stay tuned for part 2........
{linking up today with on your heart on Casey's blog}




5 comments :
Teary eyed remembering that! But God really did bring beauty from ashes! <3
thank you Adrienne! It is fun to look back at both of our stories and see all that God has done, isn't it?!
Oh my goodness. This is so hard, friend. I am so sorry you has to endure such pain. I do love that God wrote a beautiful story after these ashes. Love you!
thank you Adrienne! It is fun to look back at both of our stories and see all that God has done, isn't it?!
You know what is so cool though, I never thought I would have joy when I looked back on these times, but I do! only God! Love you too friend!
Post a Comment