{I thought it might be fun to do a little diddy on the blog each Monday showing how we see Malawi.}
The women here are truly the hardest working women I have ever encountered. Like ever.
It is not uncommon:
to see a woman carrying a big bundle of firewood on her head,
or with backs bent low hoeing a field with a baby strapped to her back,
or carrying a bucket filled to the brim, balanced perfectly on her head, while nursing her child.
The way they live their lives are void of complaint.
I am certain that if I were in their shoes, I would have thrown myself into the ditch long ago and cried over the frustration and sheer exhaustion of it all.
But nope, not these ladies.
I want to be more like them.
(did you know that you can enter your email over there on the right hand column "follow by email" and get blog updates straight to you inbox? it's true)




No comments :
Post a Comment