Monday, October 27, 2014

We Love our Hair

Did you grow up on Sesame Street?
I did!
I love how they have always shown kids of every color on their show!
You never realize how important that is until you have a daughter or son from another ethnicity as you.

 I watched this video before the girls came home and loved it!
I showed it to them today and they have watched it over and over.
They've been running around the house all morning exclaiming, "I love my hair!"

At 4 and 6, they are already getting strong messages about how their hair is "nappy" or they need to put chemicals in their hair (that is the one they hear the most).

I love how this video celebrates the uniqueness of their hair and how it is awesome, just the way it is!




We started looking through old pictures and finding all the fun ways they have styled their locks.

 
{fro}


 
 
{braids with "mesh"}
 

 
{2 strand twists}

 
{puffs}


{different style braids with "mesh}



 
{corn rows}
 

 
 
 
{2 strand twists with yarn, which is perhaps my favorit yet!}

 
{their super cute 'do (yet, incredibly hard to take out) when we met them over a year ago}
 
 
{their current hairstyle (needing to come out) corn rows/pigtails}
 
Styling their hair has definitely been a learning experience for me. I  have a lot more to figure out!
We are so blessed to have so many women surrounding us that can do their hair.
I have a board on Pinterest here, that I collect pictures of different hair styles for future use.
 
My prayer is that our girls would always see how beautifully, and wonderfully made they are.
That they would see their hair as a unique gift!
 

No comments :

 
Blogging tips