Monday, October 20, 2014

Meet Anna {Malawi Monday}

We are ecstatic to have Anna join us at Esther's House!
Anna will be here for one year as our Director of Health and Wellness. 
Health care is a huge issue in Malawi, and we can't wait to see the lives she will impact with the gifts God has given her!


We want you all to get to know her and let you in on what she'll be doing here in Malawi!

>> How do you feel God has prepared you for the work here? 

I finished my degree as an RN at the University of Arkansas in May. I was able to work at Highland Oncology during my Community Class and gained a lot of practical experience. I also worked as a camp nurse last Summer which built my confidence as we administered assessments and diagnosis. 
>> How did you hear about Esther's House?

I read about Esther's House on our churches' website, but didn't know much about it. We had a night at church for our College Ministries where different people came and spoke to us about missions. Kristin Copher came and spoke about Esther's House. I was interested as it sounded like a good long term option for medical missions.

>> What made you decide to come to Esther's House?

I took a Community nursing class my last semester of my senior year. As I learned about American Health Care and the inflated costs of care, something didn't set right with me. Also, during the time, the hospitals I was wanting to work with weren't hiring. I felt God was drawing me to overseas medical missions. The doors leading to going overseas kept being thrown wide open. Also, it was a good season in my life to try something like this, as I had nothing physical holding me back in the States. 

>> What will you be doing at Esther's House?


I will be caring for the orphans, staff, community kids and widows that are in Esther's House programs. I am also going to be working for the next month in the Ntcheu District Hospital so that I can get my certification to open the Kwataine Clinic in Madzanje Village (where EH is located). I hope to be working 2-3 mornings a week at the Kwataine Clinic and seeing patients from the villages surrounding Esther's House. Having access and transportation to get to a hospital is a huge need in Malawi, especially in the rural areas. We are excited that we will be able serve the people in the villages surrounding us. 

It is really neat to watch how God continually provides servants for His Work here!
Anna, you are "most welcome"!

5 comments :

Britt said...

How cool is your ministry! Holy cow!
I worked for a month in Malawi before I got married several winters ago - and I absolutely fell in love with the place. We ended up staying in Lilongwe at African Bible College, but I loved all of the time in the villages. Its so encouraging to read about all the work that God is constantly doing over there.

Catherine said...

Britt!! How cool is that?! We have gotten away for the weekend at ABC before; little grass sanctuary to let the kids play in. So neat you were here! It'll grab you heart quick here!

Jeffrey Dowling said...

HOW TO GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK IF YOU BREAK UP WITH HER.

Hello to every one out here, am here to share the unexpected miracle that happened to me three days ago, My name is Jeffrey Dowling,i live in Texas,USA.and I`m happily married to a lovely and caring wife,with two kids A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my wife so terrible that she took the case to court for a divorce she said that she never wanted to stay with me again,and that she did not love me anymore So she packed out of my house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get her back,after much begging,but all to no avail and she confirmed it that she has made her decision,and she never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my wife So i explained every thing to her,so she told me that the only way i can get my wife back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for her too So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow her advice. Then she gave me the email address of the spell caster whom she visited.(bravespellcaster@gmail.com}, So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address she gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my wife back the next day what an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my wife who did not call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back So Amazing!! So that was how she came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and she apologized for her mistake,and for the pain she caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same Website: http://enchantedscents.tripod.com/lovespell/,if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to “bringing your ex back. So thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again.{bravespellcaster@gmail.com} , Thanks........

Jennifer Sorey said...

We love our Anna and are happy to share her with Africa this year - but miss her! Our prayers are with you all as you continue to be His hands and feet! Blessings from Arkansas!

Catherine said...

Thank you Jennifer! It has been fun getting to know Anna!

 
Blogging tips