Thursday, July 7, 2016

Kenya/Tanzania

In May, I had an awesome opportunity to travel with one of our board members to check out a couple of organizations in Kenya. 

We were able to visit Mercy House and Raffiki Foundation.
Both are amazing organizations that we were able to learn from and be encouraged by.
I am so thankful for the opportunity to check out other work going on in Africa. It was a terrific experience and a great gauge to measure Esther's House by! 

A few days before the trip, my friend and board member, told me that we were going to be able to go on a safari. So, I threw a pair of pants and a jacket into my suitcase and mentally checked off "day safari" in my head.  I had no idea what I was in for on this safari trip, because lo and behold....we went to The Serengeti! It was perhaps the coolest thing that I have ever experienced; truly a once in a lifetime kinda thing.  I still can't wrap my mind around the things that I was able to see and experience. 

I took a bazillion pictures and am posting some of my favorites.....


















The wildebeest has never been an animal that I have been terribly interested in, but found such a deep admiration for them. We were able to see a huge wildebeest migration where the animals were just sprinting for hours in a long line....2.5 million wildebeest migrating to find water. It was incredible!





Hello, hippos! So cool to find 200 or so hippos just chilling' in a pond.





The amazing ladies I got to experience this trip with.


Ngorongoro crater again on our way back to civilization.

What an incredible opportunity! 
The animals in their natural habitats, the sunsets; what a worshipful experience seeing God's creation!
No matter where I travel or what I get to see, my favorite place in the world is at home with my family. 
Trips away are always good to remind me of that!



No comments :

 
Blogging tips