I have been getting asked that question a lot lately, so I figure it is time to dust the cobwebs off this ol' blog of mine and give a little update.
Here are some very random thoughts about life since I updated last.
- In August, we brought home our two daughters! It still feels so surreal at times that we are done with the waiting, the aching, the constant changes in process, the paperwork..... and our girls sleep under our roof each night; simply amazing!
- In October, we moved to Africa! Lots of adjustments all at one time and we are still working on becoming a family of 6 and transitioning to a new culture. But, here we are almost 3 months in, and there have been some HARD moments, but life is good.
- For the first time in 9 years, I am a working mom! That has been a bit of an adjustment, but my husband is THE best and we are constantly working on how to balance it all. Even though some days are tough, I LOVE what I get to do. Advocating, loving on, and helping these kids here is really the most fulfilling thing I have ever done. My absolute dream job!
- I am a mom to FOUR kids. This has been dream of mine for soooo long. But, I gotta admit, the reality of that dream kicks my tail most days. It is getting easier each day and I can see glimpses of what life will look like in my future, but man, zone defense is hard somedays!
- We really like our life here in Africa. I love the pace of life, the culture, the people. I love what my kids get to experience, the relationships we are building, the adventures we get to have. I am so thankful that God called us to this.
- I hurt my shoulder sometime around Christmas and it can't be fixed where we live, so I had to come back to the states....solo. Just got home New Year's Even. This has been a big bummer as I miss my family terribly. Tomorrow I have a Dr. appointment to see what the problem is and fix it. Already have seen God at work in so many of the details.
- I don't like to fly...still. One day, I hope I can be that calm, collected person reading their newspaper, or better yet, sleeping as the plane ascends to 30,000 feet off the ground. But, for now, I am just that sweaty girl with the knots in her stomach, gripping the arm rests for dear life.
Here is to hoping I can blog more regularly in 2014!




4 comments :
You are a hero of mine. I wanna be like you when I grow up. ;) So happy that you and your family are enjoying life in Africa. I hope your arms mends quickly so you can get back to work. I know they all miss you!
Catherine - I had absolutely NO idea that you moved to Africa!!! I think my jaw is on the table right now. Amazing!!! I feel like I completely missed something?!?!?! It sounds like you are completely busy right now - but please, when you have a minute...will you share how God brought you there. Blessing!
Good to hear from you!! :-)
My dream is to move to Africa someday, too!
Amy Keck! I will definitely have to sit down and write it out sometime. Kinda overwhelming to think of how to start!
Post a Comment